Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'm Still Here

The doctors gave me about 6 months to 22 months. I'm still here and will celebrate my 2 year anniversary of my diagnosis in July along with my 64th birthday. I'm tired most days and will not take any of the chemo recommended, although I did have one slipped to me in the guise of a hormone to control spread. Bullshit. Remember this ploy and don't fall for it.

I experienced all of these horrible symptoms including hair loss, nausea, diarrhea, painful joints, muscles and bones, headaches, sleep problems, weight gain with concurrent loss of appetite, etc. I decided to look up the complete down low on it instead of the Cliff notes version. Very informative.

I quit taking them about 2 weeks ago and slowly feel the miasma lifting.

Maybe more later.

7 comments:

Pam said...

I have been checking this blog since your last post, but you never posted anything more and I was hoping you were doing ok. Glad to hear you are! Sorry I lost touch; I feel bad about that. Even though we've never met in person I felt you were a kindred spirit! :-)

Vikki North said...

Good for you sweet pea. We're all proud of you.

Martha Marshall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
trinketchar said...

Hi Dina! This is Char from etsy.I was wondering how you were.I am glad to see your still hanging in there.Hugs and Love to you. Char

Anonymous said...

I checked your blog a few times, but saw that you weren't posting and feared the worst. I am so happy to see you have outdone the damned predicitons! You are strong, you are woman, and you inspire me. I had a bout with breast cancer in 2009 - not like yours, but the feelings, the anger, the zombie doctors, the humiliation - all of it was there and left me unexpectedly vulnerable. I still experience fatigue and flashbacks of anger - but I am so so so happy to be here, to be able to do a little art and love my family for a while longer. I'll be 68 in August. You have no idea how many times I thought of you and prayed to something sacred that you were doing okay!
Olivia

Unknown said...

I, too, have followed your blog, having found it by accident many months ago. Blessings to you, Oya's Daughter--you are Survivor.

Amit Sadik said...

ahh great... still following