Thursday, April 26, 2007

Her Left Foot


No Cristy Brown here. Just a cat. My cat George. She came in from her early morning jaunt outside with a left hind foot dragging. Broken? Snakebit? Sprained? Worrisome because it was obvious to ignore and worrisome because I had $1.65 in checking. Did I mention I wrote a bad check for $56.00 at the vets???? This is the reality at the end o' the month for me here at DogPatch.


Ah. Well. Circumstances rolled in and allowed me to cover the debt with a few tuppence overboard. Not enough to entertain a bottle of wine, salad and a steak on an evening out, mind you. But one of the three post mentioned were to be had and uncorked.


Two shots for infection and inflamation. Aggravation at having to upset her on the jaunt. A smile from Dr. Marks. I would like to bill the despot cat next door for her med bills, or his owners who pay little enough attention to him that he feels he has to fight for rights here at Dogpatch. He beats the paen shit out of George on my very doorstep in his bid for dominance and I can only scare him away with insults and threats. I don't want to do physical harm you see. I'm not that kind of person.
I feed strays. Coons. Possums. Let outs on the roads for people who haven't heard that there is an ASPCA.
So. George endures shots of antibiotics, antinflamatories, and the bastard cat sashays across the fenceline. I am hoping that when the Vadamparampil's build their home on the lot between his and mine, the interloper will view the intercession as a foreign country and stay home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am every day on your blog and so I want to tag you.

The rules

Start with 7 random facts/habits about yourself

People who are tagged have to write their 7 things on their blog

Then choose another 7 people to get tagged and list their names

Don't forget to leave them a comment to tell them they

have been tagged and to read your blog


Greetings from Samate

samate.blogspot.com